Isagenix Legacy Foundation Awards $665,400 in Grants to 16 Nonprofits
The Isagenix Legacy Foundation is awarding its first round of grants, totaling $665,400, to 16 U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofits that align with its mission to provide healthy nutrition and support for underserved children, wellness education for all, and aid for those affected by natural disasters. Located in Arizona, California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, and Montana, the nonprofits serve people in communities as far away as Kenya.
“Through their compassion, dedication, and hard work, these 16 organizations have changed thousands of people’s lives,” said Isagenix Chief Executive Officer Travis Ogden. “The Isagenix Legacy Foundation is honored to help them expand their reach and efforts so that together, we can make the greatest impact possible on the people and communities they so diligently serve.”
The 16 grants range from $5,000 to $100,000. Four nonprofits are receiving $100,000 grants:
- Unstoppable Foundation: Based in Agoura Hills, California, the nonprofit humanitarian organization brings sustainable education to children and communities in developing countries, thereby creating a safer and more just world for everyone. The grant will provide food and community gardens to communities in Narok County, Kenya.
- SERV International: Based in Canton, Georgia, SERV uses food as a catalyst to completely transform lives. Its vision is to physically and spiritually feed people and develop stronger communities in some of the most remote regions in the world. The grant will provide food and support for at-risk orphans in Turkana County, Kenya.
- Live Love: Based in Chandler, Arizona, Live Love is a community development nonprofit that partners with neighborhood leaders to build strong communities, connect people, and care for neighbors. The grant will fund a community garden and teaching kitchen in downtown Chandler.
- Make-A-Wish® Foundation of America: Based in Phoenix, Arizona, the nonprofit grants wishes to children with critical illnesses. Since 2012, Isagenix and its customers, independent distributors, and employees have raised nearly $10 million in 12 countries for Make-A-Wish, helping the nonprofit grant over 938 wishes. The foundation grant will fund wishes in the United States.
Grant Recipient Overview
In addition to Unstoppable Foundation, SERV, Live Love, and Make-A-Wish, the following nonprofits are also receiving Isagenix Legacy Foundation grants:
- One for Health Foundation, based in Walpole, Massachusetts: $50,000.
- Embody, based in Grand Rapids, Michigan: $50,000.
- Make-A-Wish® Foundation of Arizona, based in Scottsdale, Arizona: $50,000.
- Food For Thought, based in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida: $25,400.
- Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center, with locations in Niceville and DeFuniak Springs, Florida: $25,000.
- Homeward Bound, based in Phoenix, Arizona: $15,000.
- ICAN, based in Chandler, Arizona: $10,000.
- Arizona Brainfood, based in Mesa, Arizona: $10,000.
- AZCEND, based in Chandler, Arizona: $10,000.
- Youth Empowerment Source, based in Elkton, Maryland: $10,000.
- Chandler Service Club, based in Chandler, Arizona: $5,000.
- Butte Rescue Mission, based in Butte, Montana: $5,000.
The foundation is also helping those in need by facilitating product donations totaling $200,000 in retail value to several food banks across the United States.
Grant Process Overview
The Isagenix Legacy Foundation opened its grant application process to U.S.-based nonprofits in October and received 36 applications. Grant recipients were selected in December and announced Jan. 12 at Isagenix International’s New Year Kick Off 2019 event in Phoenix.
The next round of grant applications for U.S.-based nonprofits will open in March, and recipients will be announced at the Isagenix Global Celebration 2019 event in Nashville in August. The foundation expects to register in Canada and begin accepting applications from Canadian nonprofits later this year. It anticipates registering in other markets in which Isagenix operates over the next few years.
About Isagenix International
Established in 2002, Isagenix provides systems for weight loss, performance, vitality and well-being, personal care and beauty, and financial wellness. With half a million customers worldwide and more than 100 life-changing products, packs, and systems globally, the company is committed to producing Solutions to Transform Lives™. Isagenix shares its products and solutions through a network of independent distributors in 18 markets: the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, Colombia, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and South Korea. Isagenix is a privately owned company with headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona. For more information, visit Isagenix.com.