Isagenix Named a Top 10 Healthiest Employer by Phoenix Business Journal
Company Earns Third Consecutive Award for Empowering Employees to Improve Their Mental and Physical Health
Isagenix International, a global health and wellness company providing nutrition and lifestyle solutions, was recognized yesterday with a top 10 ranking in the Phoenix Business Journal’s 2019 Healthiest Employers awards. The awards recognize businesses in the metropolitan Phoenix area.
Isagenix ranked No. 7 for midsize companies (500 to 1,499 employees). In total, the Phoenix Business Journal honored 67 micro, small, midsize, and large/extra-large employers with Healthiest Employers honors. This is the second year in a row that the company’s comprehensive corporate wellness program earned a spot in the top 10 and the third consecutive year the company has made the list.
“We’ve created a health and wellness program that really resonates with employees. The 89% program participation rate attests to its popularity,” said Isagenix Vice President of Human Resources Deborah Mathews. “Participating employees are reaching, and many are surpassing, their goals. We’re so honored to support our employees, and we couldn’t be happier that our company’s mission to transform lives starts right here at home.”
Patricia Melendez, a graphic designer at Isagenix, benefits from one of the company’s unique wellness offerings, the Employee IsaBody Challenge®. The annual 16-week challenge is a no-cost nutrition, diet, and exercise program open to all Isagenix employees. Participants have a chance to win a share of $24,000 in cash prizes, with the grand prize winner receiving $3,000. The challenge includes a one-on-one consultation with the company’s full-time employee wellness coach to develop a workout and nutrition plan to help employees reach their health and wellness goals.
Melendez is participating in her fourth Challenge. At her first IsaBody weigh-in in 2016, she weighed 185 pounds and had 35% body fat. She lost weight* and reduced her body fat not only by the end of that Challenge but during all three Challenges she has completed. At the end of her third Challenge in 2018, she weighed 149 pounds and had 19% body fat. Her goal in this year’s Challenge is to build more muscle.
“I’m grateful to work for a company that provides its employees all the tools they need to transform their lives,” Melendez said.
Transforming lives begins at Isagenix World Headquarters, located in Gilbert, Arizona. When expanding its headquarters in January 2016, the company dedicated space and resources for an on-site wellness facility, which the wellness coach manages. The company’s noteworthy corporate wellness program focuses on mental and nutritional wellness and provides accessible exercise programs and recreational activities, encouraging and motivating employees to lead healthy lifestyles.
Program resources include:
- Personalized wellness consultations: All employees who complete a free 45-minute consultation with the corporate wellness coach receive an individually tailored 12-week fitness and meal plan designed to help them achieve their health goals. Employees can repeat this program as many times as desired.
- Weekly on-site fitness classes: With over 17 hours of functional fitness, high-intensity, yoga, and circuit training classes weekly, employees receive individualized attention to meet personal needs.
- Gym reimbursement: Employees who use the IncentFit mobile app to track their gym visits receive a $3 reimbursement per visit for up to eight visits per month.
- Employee IsaBody Challenge: Currently in progress, the Employee IsaBody Challenge has 339 participants, making up more than 53% of the employees at Isagenix World Headquarters. In 2018, Isagenix employees lost a total of 1,498 pounds during the 16-week IsaBody Challenge.
- Recreational events: On-site activities such as ping-pong tournaments are offered to employees, as well as reimbursement for participating in Pat’s Run, a 4.2-mile race in Tempe, Arizona.
- Employee assistance program: Valuing mental health as much as physical, the company’s employee assistance program provides confidential counseling to all employees who wish to participate.
Visit the Phoenix Business Journal to view the full lists of Healthiest Employers.
In addition to this honor, Isagenix also recently received a prestigious industry award. In April, Direct Selling News magazine named the company one of its 2019 Best Places to Work in Direct Selling. The awards program highlights companies that are setting the bar for establishing and nurturing work experiences and environments that bring out the best in people. This is the third consecutive year Isagenix has been recognized with this honor.
*Weight loss, muscle gain, lifestyle, and other results depicted here reflect exceptional individual experiences of Isagenix customers and should not be construed as typical or average. Results vary with individual effort, body composition, eating patterns, time, exercise, and other factors, such as genetic and physiological makeup. A two-phase 2016 study published by researchers at Skidmore College showed an average weight loss of 24 pounds after 12 weeks. The study evaluated the use of Isagenix products in men and women for weight loss followed by weight maintenance. During the weight maintenance phase, the subjects who continued the calorie-controlled program using Isagenix products better maintained their weight loss in comparison to those who transitioned to a traditional diet after 52 weeks.
About Isagenix International
Established in 2002, Isagenix provides systems for weight loss, performance, vitality and well-being, personal care and beauty, and financial wellness. With half a million customers worldwide and more than 100 life-changing products, packs, and systems globally, the company is committed to producing Solutions to Transform Lives™. Isagenix shares its products and solutions through a network of independent distributors in 18 markets: the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, Colombia, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and South Korea. Isagenix is a privately owned company with headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona. For more information, visit Isagenix.com.