Isagenix Wins Award for App That Helps Customers Reach Wellness Goals
Isagenix International has received a top industry honor for its IsaLife™ mobile app, launched last year to help engage and retain customers and independent distributors. The Direct Selling Association recognized the global health and wellness company with one of its 2019 DSA Awards. Isagenix won in the Innovation in Mobile Technology category.
Launched in February 2018, the free IsaLife app offers several benefits:
- Independent distributors can help new customers enroll anytime, anywhere.
- An intuitive ordering interface simplifies the ordering process, driving more purchases and increasing long-term engagement with users.
- The app coaches customers through their product experience and helps them track progress so they can reach their wellness goals.
IsaLife quickly proved popular. In its first 24 hours of release, it exceeded projected downloads by nearly 10,000, and there were tens of thousands of downloads in its first week. From its launch through May 2019, there have been 399,615 downloads, 10.3 million sessions, and 107.6 million screen views.
The app has also proved a success in terms of retaining new members, who are customers that pay an annual membership fee to save 25% off the retail price of products. Customer retention is 29% higher in month two and 31% higher in month three for new members who use the app than for new members who don’t.
“We’re honored to receive DSA’s award for Innovation in Mobile Technology, as we invested considerable time, thought, and care into creating an app that offers an exceptional digital experience for our valued customers and independent distributors,” said Isagenix Chief Information Officer Jon Robinson. “IsaLife’s impressive functionality and features make it easy for distributors to enroll new customers and for customers to discover and order products as well as connect with each other to receive encouragement and support. IsaLife is a significant milestone in our company’s digital evolution.”
The app’s features include:
- Goal tracking: Customers can set goals, take progress photos, track their weight, and view product education videos.
- Fitness tracking: Users can sync their Fitbit® and Apple Watch® wearable wrist devices* to track burned calories and physical activity. They can also manually track calories burned.
- Nutrition and meal tracking: Customers can track what they eat using a large database of foods, including popular restaurant meals and all Isagenix products.
- Order management: Users can shop, discover, and order Isagenix products with just a few clicks.
- Coaching community: Independent distributors can connect with their enrolling sponsors as well as anyone they themselves have enrolled to share and receive tips, support, recipes, and more.
Isagenix partnered with business and technology consulting firm Neudesic to build the app. Groundwork, planning, and preparation, including a gap analysis, took more than four months to complete. It then took more than a year to build, test, and release the app for iPhone and Android. There have been three additional phases and 11 app updates since launch.
In addition to winning the Innovation in Mobile Technology award, Isagenix was named one of DSA’s 2019 Top 20 member companies. This is the sixth consecutive year Isagenix has received the honor. The Top 20 and 2019 DSA Awards were presented June 4 at the DSA’s annual meeting, an event where direct selling executives gather to discuss current trends, challenges, and issues.
*Apple Watch® and Fitbit® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. and Fitbit Inc., respectively. Use does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
About Isagenix International
Established in 2002, Isagenix provides systems for weight loss, performance, vitality and well-being, personal care and beauty, and financial wellness. With more than 400,000 customers worldwide and more than 100 products, packs, and systems globally, the company is committed to supporting healthy change in its customers’ and independent distributors’ lives. Isagenix shares its products and solutions through a network of independent distributors in 14 markets: the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and South Korea. Isagenix is a privately owned company with headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona. For more information, visit Isagenix.com.