Third Annual Isagenix International Global Give Back Day Unites Customers and Employees in Volunteer and Donation Activities
Donations Include More Than $100,000 in Products From Special Promotion
Isagenix International, a global health and wellness company providing nutrition and lifestyle solutions, has once again united customers and employees in giving back to their local communities and the environment through volunteer and donation activities. During the company’s third annual Global Give Back Day, activities ranged from cleaning mountains and beaches to volunteering with nonprofit organizations that help children, families, and the elderly who have health and financial hardships. In addition, Isagenix created a buy one, give one promotion that resulted in more than $100,000 in product donations.
“It’s inspiring to see our customers and employees embrace this annual initiative and reflect our company’s core value of contribution,” said Erik Coover, Isagenix senior vice president of global field development and culture. “By pooling our time and resources, we can make a significant and positive impact on others and on our environment. I can’t wait to see what next year’s Global Give Back Day brings!”
This year’s activities took place May 19 in markets Isagenix serves, including the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, the U.K., Colombia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
Among the Global Give Back Day participants were independent distributors who share the company’s health and wellness solutions and members of START, a popular Isagenix affinity group for customers ages 18 to 35 striving to lead extraordinary lives while helping others do the same.
For the special day’s activities in the U.S., employees from the Gilbert, Arizona, headquarters and START members visited Feed My Starving Children and packed 32,400 meals that will feed 88 children in the Philippines for a year. Isagenix donated $3,250 to cover the cost of the meals packed. The company also launched a buy one, give one promotion to provide great nutrition to those in need. For every box of Chocolate Coconut Almond dairy-free IsaLean™ Bars purchased wholesale in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) and Canada between May 19 and 31, Isagenix donated one box of bars to a charitable organization. The 2,777 donated boxes had a retail value of approximately $122,000.
Highlights of Global Give Back Day activities in other Isagenix markets include:
- Australia and New Zealand: Australia participants cleaned up plastic and microplastic litter along the coastline, while crews in New Zealand cleaned up beaches off their local coasts.
- U.K.: Participants cleaned up litter in a community park in Bristol, England.
- Colombia: Participants visited Fundación Proyecto Unión, a foundation that supports homeless, abandoned children who have health issues. Volunteers played with the children and provided donations including books, easels, toys, and clothes.
- Singapore: Participants teamed up with a local nonprofit, Willing Hearts, to prepare, pack, and distribute meals to over 5,000 beneficiaries in the community including the elderly, the disabled, poverty-stricken families, and migrant workers.
- Taiwan and Hong Kong: Corporate teams organized mountain and beach cleanups. Nearly 65 people in Hong Kong picked up trash on the beach of an outlying island. About 20 joined a mountain cleanup in Taipei, while 49 independent distributors who were not local to the area or could not volunteer provided donations. Donations totaling NT$14,700 (US$495) were sent to Make-A-Wish® to help grant wishes to deserving children with critical illnesses.
Isagenix customers also engaged in small acts of kindness and service on their own, from picking up trash in their neighborhoods with their kids to inviting an elderly couple over for dinner.
“As our Global Give Back Day initiative illustrates, there are many ways to make a difference, whether you serve alongside others or on your own,” Coover said. “I hope this initiative encourages everyone to explore how they can make an impact on the world around them.”
About Isagenix International
Established in 2002, Isagenix provides systems for weight loss, performance, vitality and well-being, personal care and beauty, and financial wellness. With nearly 600,000 customers worldwide and more than 100 life-changing products, packs, and systems globally, the company is committed to producing Solutions to Transform Lives™. Since its inception in 2002, Isagenix has generated $6 billion in cumulative global sales through a network of independent distributors in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, Colombia, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and South Korea. Isagenix is a privately owned company with headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona. For more information, visit Isagenix.com.